Perspectives on RWE: Assessing Its Use, Impact, and Role in the U.S. and EU
Thursday, July 23, 2020
The adoption of real-world evidence (RWE) can help ensure the availability of safe, effective and innovative technologies for patients. Demand for RWE continues to grow, with global regulatory bodies looking to Real-World Data (RWD) for pre- and post-market decisions and payers requiring more evidence to make their coverage decisions.
In this virtual session, attendees will learn about the types of RWE, explore the role of technology in advancing device evaluation, understand barriers and facilitators for RWE, and hear how RWE can be used to support patients, as well as regulatory and coverage decisions.
- Robbert Zusterzeel, MD, PhD, MPH | NESTcc Research Network Director, MDIC (Moderator)
- Daniel Caños, PhD, MPH | FDA CDRH, Office of Clinical Evidence and Analysis, Director
- Martin Gibson | CEO, NorthWest EHealth Limited
- Bray Patrick-Lake, MFS | Director of Strategic Partnerships, Evidation Health
- Justin W. Timbie, PhD | Senior Health Policy Researcher, RAND