MDIC, as a part of a broader alliance in digital pathology including FDA and Digital Pathology Association (DPA), is working to prioritize the areas of Digital Pathology and Artificial Intelligence (AI) where MDIC can bring industry, users, government, insurance companies, and patients together to collaborate on several new projects. This alliance aims to work on:
- Temporary framework to synergize and tackle larger-scale projects
- Harmonizing & standardizing a reference set to be used in end to end workflow by:
- Creating tools and datasets
- Progressing and enabling market access
- Creating clarity on regulatory pathways via mock submissions
- Harmonizing efforts between various stakeholders to optimize interoperability, integration and implementation
MDIC participated in initial discussions on this topic at FDA in July 2019. Additional discussions were held at a session at Pathology Visions Conference in early October in Orlando, FL. MDIC’s Digital Pathology/AI meeting at MDIC aims to continue the discussions further. Find a summary and presentations from the meeting on the Alliance for Digital Pathology’s website.