Digital Pathology/AI Meeting
MDIC, as a part of a broader alliance in digital pathology including FDA and Digital Pathology Association (DPA), is working to prioritize the areas of Digital Pathology and Artificial Intelligence (AI) where MDIC can bring industry, users, government, insurance companies, and patients together to collaborate on several new projects. This alliance aims to work on:
- Temporary framework to synergize and tackle larger-scale projects
- Harmonizing & standardizing a reference set to be used in end to end workflow by:
- Creating tools and datasets
- Progressing and enabling market access
- Creating clarity on regulatory pathways via mock submissions
- Harmonizing efforts between various stakeholders to optimize interoperability, integration and implementation
MDIC participated in initial discussions on this topic at FDA in July 2019. Additional discussions will be held at a special, open session at Pathology Visions Conference on Saturday, October 5, 2019 in Orlando, FL. MDIC’s Digital Pathology/AI meeting at MDIC aims to continue the discussions further. More information on the alliance can be found here and we welcome you to provide feedback on the areas for advances regulatory paradigm for digital pathology through a survey here.
NOTE: Attendance to the meeting is by invitation only and will be held at the Key Bridge Marriott in Arlington, VA. Please click here to request an invitation. Once we receive your request, you may proceed to register below with the passcode that is emailed to you.