Updated October 13, 2020
The Medical Device Innovation Consortium (MDIC) is committed to the health and safety of our employees, members, patients and industry stakeholders. We continue to closely monitor health and safety updates and recommendations issued by the World Health Organization (WHO), FDA, and CDC, as well as state and local health organizations.
Like many organizations, MDIC has instituted a mandatory telework policy for all of our employees to help prevent the further spread of the coronavirus. Fortunately, over the past couple of years, MDIC has invested in our remote capabilities to ensure that we can serve the community from virtually any location. While COVID-19 has impacted our ability to host in-person events, please rest assured that during this time, we are still working diligently to advance our mission of accelerating and improving patient access to innovative, high-quality, safe, and cost-effective medical devices.
For any events that have been postponed, we will notify all registrants and the general public as soon as we have confirmed when they will be rescheduled.
During this time, it’s important for everyone to practice the following general flu prevention measures, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
Additional information regarding COVID-19 and responses to the current pandemic can be found on the following websites:
- MDIC’s Patient Resources during COVID-19 page
- CDC’s 2019 Novel Coronavirus page
- CDC’s Travel Health Notices page
- CDC Information on Coronaviruses
- CDC Laboratory Outreach Communication System
- World Health Organization, Coronavirus
- World Health Organization, Coronavirus Technical Guidance
- FDA’s 2019 COVID-19 page
- NIH Fogarty International Center Coronavirus page
- NSF Coronavirus Information page
- BARDA Division of Research, Innovation, and Ventures (DRIVe)
- Association of Public Health Laboratories (APHL) Covid-19 Response
- AACC Lab Tests Online (laypersons guide to clinical tests)
- Association for Molecular Pathology (AMP) Testing Resources for COVID-19
- IFCC Information Guide on COVID-19
- EUA Authorized Serology Test Performance
- FDA’s Testing Supply Substitution Strategies
- HHS COVID-19 Lab Reporting Guide Announcement
Electronic coding resources for developing Real-World Evidence and other applications can be found the following websites: