Last year, MDIC hosted its Patient Engagement Forum to familiarize a diverse group of medical device stakeholders with key concepts and considerations for successful communication with patients about benefits, risks, and uncertainty associated with the use of medical devices.
MDIC has compiled a report on lessons learned from the forum which is now available for download here.
Key findings within the report include:
- FDA commitment to patient centricity
- Total product life cycle of a device vs. cycle of a patient’s life
- Crucial role of providers
- Cognition vs. metacognition
- Patient decisions aids to support effective decision making
- Context matters when presenting numerical probabilities
- Patient empowerment and transparency
- Using multi-modal approaches to communicate
Please email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.