A key piece of managing medical device and diagnostic cybersecurity risks is the integration of threat modeling (TM). TM provides a blueprint to strengthen security through the total product lifecycle of the devices, thereby ensuring improved safety and effectiveness of medical products. During the week of March 13, 2023, please join us in attending the next round of threat–modeling bootcamps. This collaborative initiative between Shostack & Associates and MDIC aims to increase awareness on systematic approaches to TM that can enable manufacturers to effectively address system level risks. Bootcamps will be held over the course of 5 days, and will be led by industry experts, who helped develop the Medical Device Threat Modeling Playbook, released in 2021.
Future Bootcamps TBA!
Objectives & discussed topics of the MDIC threat modeling bootcamps:
- Intensive, hands-on sessions on threat modeling.
- Learning about structured, systematic and comprehensive approach to threat modeling for engineering more secure systems from SMEs from public and private sector.
- Learning the latest updates on medical device cybersecurity and related areas from industry representatives.
- Networking opportunity with SMEs from MedTech and non-MedTech sectors to learn on cybersecurity best practices that can be incorporated into the medical device industry.
- The same training that informed the development of the Medical Device Threat Modeling Playbook.