Projects will be defined in the pre-competitive space that will address issues that are keeping products from achieving the desired outcomes to benefit patients.
The leadership and involvement of individuals and organizations from the public, private, and academic sectors are needed to make the benefits of this effort a reality.
- A process for identifying, documenting, prioritizing, and removing issues affecting benefits to patients.
- Processes, support staff, and pooled project funding to enable efficient regulatory science research in areas of strategic importance to medical device stakeholders
- Educational forums in which to learn about the evolving regulatory science process, new tools, standards, and test methods
- Searchable databases and links to relevant reports and methods
- Regular updates on the status of MDIC’s activities and opportunities for involvement