Enabling Medical Device Innovation with Computational Modeling & Simulation (CM&S) Webinar
Innovation in medical devices is accelerating at an unprecedented pace, yet the rate of translation to clinical adoption remains consistently below industry need. Skyrocketing development costs and escalating ethical concerns represent headwinds all medical device companies face, often beyond the resources of smaller companies. One way to overcome these challenges is through the use of modeling and simulation of device performance, but its use in the regulatory process lags its potential. In this webinar, we will present the results of an industry survey measuring progress of its adoption, as well as a comprehensive industry landscape report from MDIC, providing context and identifying a path forward. A panel representing the medical device industry, technology suppliers, and regulatory agencies will provide their expert commentary as well as answer the questions that are on the top of mind to all.
Moderator: Randall Schiestl, Vice President, Research & Development, Global Technology, Boston Scientific
- David Flynn, PhD, Fellow, CM&S, Global Technology, Boston Scientific
- Steven Levine, PhD, Senior Director, Virtual Human Modeling, Dassault Systèmes
- Jeffrey E. Bischoff, PhD, Sr Director, Research, Zimmer Biomet
- Brent Craven, PhD, Research Scientist & Program Manager (Acting), Credibility of Computational Modeling and Simulation Program, Office of Science and Engineering Laboratories, Center for Devices and Radiological Health, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Jithesh Veetil, PhD, Senior Program Director, Digital Health & Technology, Medical Device Innovation Consortium (MDIC)