2019 EFS Best Practices Workshop
March 6-7, 2019
The first EFS workshop of 2019 focusing on site best practices took place on March 6th & 7th at the MDIC offices located in Arlington, VA. In this workshop, sponsors, EFS sites, and regulators gathered over a two-day period to discuss:
• Managing risk, SAEs, & IRB reporting
• Timely & Effective Contracting-Sites Achieving 60/60/60 or Better
• Budgeting between EFS Sites and Sponsors
• EFS Staffing and Resources-Patient Identification, Enrollment, & Retention
• Coverage Determinations & Site Budgets.
Throughout the workshop, Sponsors and Sites gave their perspectives of best practices for EFS clinical studies. Sponsors highlighted the importance of collaborating with the FDA to structure protocols for quick patient enrollment and conducting site qualification visits early prior to protocol finalizations. From the site perspective, the importance of working with highly engaged and qualified research staff, as well as collaborating with IRB, was emphasized as key points to improve the launch of an EFS clinical study.
Download workshop materials below. Note: File opens in web browser by default. Please save the file and open in a compatible PDF viewer to utilize navigation indexes.
Individual Event Materials:
Full Event PDF Packet: